Old July 28th 09, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In message , at 10:46:39 on Tue, 28 Jul 2009,
remarked:
I object to the collateral damage, so that's one person who isn't doing
any political posturing. I expect most people trying to cross the road,
but are blocked by a bendy-bus, are also more interested in the
practical objections.

Yes , we should ban HGVs too because they can occasionally block pedestrian
crossings and squish cyclists. 7.5 tonners are the way forward!

I don't see many HGVs in central London, as it happens. So it's not so
much of a problem. Changing them into smaller trucks is more difficult
too, because the cargo isn't self-loading like it is for buses.