Old July 28th 09, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

Tom Anderson wrote:

Axe Greater London, i say. Let's have a mayor of London elected by people
who live in London, not some transcluded home counties buffoons who mostly
still insist that they live in 'Metropolitan Kent' or some such nonsense.

As one who grew up in north east Surrey can I say that Croydon, Sutton and
Kingston are London far more than they are Surrey!

And how would you decide who does and doesn't "live in London" - do I,
living in Forest Gate in Newham, "live in London"? It sure feels that way,
bendy bus & all.