Old July 28th 09, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:23:39 +0000 (UTC), Tim Woodall
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:47:02 +0100,
Tom Barry wrote:

The dreaded 'common sense' of the selfish individual, as expressed by a)
I don't like waiting at traffic lights b) therefore I should be allowed
to ignore them c) therefore I shall arrive at my destination faster d)
therefore the world is a better place.

As opposed to the bendy bus drivers, as expressed by a) I don't like
waiting behind a cyclist b) therefore I should be allowed to ignore them
c) therefore I will turn left across them before I've even got the
articulation of the bus level with them d) therefore the world is a
better place.

One is stupid and puts themselves at risk. The other is reckless and
puts other peoples lives at risk.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20081212/avi_0002.mpg

The bendy bus driver saw you, gave you a wide berth, almost stopped,
and only made the turn when he saw that *you* had stopped. Yes, he
saw you too late, and should have made his turn after allowing you to
clear the side road, but having made a mistake he corrected it and
made the turn safely at no risk to you.