Old July 28th 09, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:13:29 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On 28 July, 15:06, Clive wrote:
In message , Tony Dragon
writesGod, your making me feel my age, I can remember the 'Q' stock on the
District,

So can I. * I can also remember tube stock where the first half of the
driving car was taken up with equipment which went under floor in 38
stock, but I can't remember what they were called.

Usually called Standard Stock, although they were anything but
standard, being build from 1923 - 1934 with many detail differences!!
Sometimes referred also referred to as 1923 Stock.

or just pre-[19]38 stock due to the aforesaid lack of uniformity. Even
1938 stock wasn't all 1938 stock, some of it (the UNDMs) was 1949
stock, bits of which live on in 1972 stock IIRC.