Old July 29th 09, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:01:31 +0100
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:
They don't self steer, they follow a curve. Simple geometry which even
cyclists could understand if they bothered to try. Also the cut in on
a bendy bus rear section going around a corner is a shed load less than
on an HGV.

Are you being rude and patronising just for effect? I used to park

So which part of "they follow a curve", "simple geometry" and "cut in less than
an HGV" is wrong then?

36ft rigid trucks in a car storage yard, reversing down a lane with
less than 3ft either side and brand new unregistered Jaguars one side

Bully for you.

And?

and brand new unregistered Porsches the other. I am pretty good at
knowing the handling and manoeuvring characteristics of various
vehicles. You should watch some time the back end of a bendy bus when
the driver changes lanes: it swings in remarkably sharply, and because

What , suddenly the laws of physics change and it doesn't follow the
expected curve?

the thing is so long your options for dealing with it are pretty much
limited to braking sharply. This is simply not the case for most

Or you could see that its coming and not get yourself into an awkward
situation in the first place. But hey, that would just be common sense,
something cyclists don't seem to be heavily endowed with...

B2003