Old July 29th 09, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_7_] Brimstone[_7_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:58:25 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

Funny, because on a recent trip to Denmark I drove my hire car
extensively in and around Copenhagen, and found that the Danish
cyclists were remarkably well-disciplined. Certainly nothing like
the over-assertive and arrogantly rule-breaking cyclists that make
London driving so chaotic and stressful.

You obviously drive in a different London to the one I work in. London
driving is chaotic and stressful mainly because of motor traffic
(especially scooters). Cyclists are a non-issue, they are generally
off and out of the way long before the motor gridlock eases enough to
permit of another six feet of forward movement. I learned to drive in
London, round Shepherd's Bush.

On the thankfully rare occasiosn that I've driven in London recently those
on two wheels are simply not an issue. The only road users who cause
problems for others are those who are not taking notice of what's going on
around them, and that's not peculiar to London.