Old July 29th 09, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:30:07 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

The articulation and other characteristics result in the tail moving
in much more sharply than is the case for, say, articulated lorries.

Rubbish. The steering is arranged to reduce cut in. In other words,
to make it cut in far less sharply than an articulated lorry.

That's not how it looks to cyclists overtaken by them. Perhaps the
drivers overcompensate by moving in when only the front wheel is past,
I don't know - I'm too busy avoiding being wiped out. This is not a
problem I *ever* have with artics, but then artic drivers tend to wait
until the entire vehicle is past before they even start to pull in.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk