Old July 29th 09, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_3_] eastender[_3_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,
Bruce wrote:

It's too easy to moan and whine about bendy buses. It takes a little
effort to learn how best to deal with them, as with anything new. But
the statistics are pretty clear - bendy buses are not only extremely
effective at moving large numbers of passengers, but they are also
very safe.

Well said. I think no cyclist has been killed (and possibly seriously
injured) by a bendy. The three ghost bikes near where I live were all
victims of trucks such as cement mixers.

I wouldn't mind the bendies going so much if the alternatives were quiet
(inside and out), comfortable, smooth and relatively fume free. They
aren't, so the bendy going is a big backwards step.

E.