Old July 29th 09, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:31:14 +0100, eastender
wrote:
In article ,
Bruce wrote:

It's too easy to moan and whine about bendy buses. It takes a little
effort to learn how best to deal with them, as with anything new. But
the statistics are pretty clear - bendy buses are not only extremely
effective at moving large numbers of passengers, but they are also
very safe.

Well said. I think no cyclist has been killed (and possibly seriously
injured) by a bendy. The three ghost bikes near where I live were all
victims of trucks such as cement mixers.

I wouldn't mind the bendies going so much if the alternatives were quiet
(inside and out), comfortable, smooth and relatively fume free. They
aren't, so the bendy going is a big backwards step.

Agree 100%. They aren't perfect by any means, and such aspects as
driving standards and fare dodging could definitely be improved. But
the alternative of more conventional buses with their greater dwell
times, costing more and clogging up the traffic far worse than the
bendys is just too silly to contemplate, unless your name is Boris.