Old July 29th 09, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_3_] eastender[_3_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,
Bruce wrote:

Agree 100%. They aren't perfect by any means, and such aspects as
driving standards and fare dodging could definitely be improved. But
the alternative of more conventional buses with their greater dwell
times, costing more and clogging up the traffic far worse than the
bendys is just too silly to contemplate, unless your name is Boris.

We live on the 76 route - the Volvo buses are truly ghastly, with
horrendous noise levels. How they were approved for running in narrow
residential streets I can't fathom (except of course I can - it's about
the general lack of care we have for public transport and the
environment).

E.