Old July 29th 09, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_3_] eastender[_3_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:21:13 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

If it looks different to you, you must have a
problem with perception.

Which I seem to share with many other cyclists. So, given that I am a
very experienced cyclist and also a driver with significant experience
of driving goods vehicles, perhaps it's not just me. But that would
involve being open to the possibility that bendy buses may not be
appropriate for some routes in central London, and I do understand
that such heresy is not to be tolerated.

The London Cycling Campaign is on record as being much more worried
about lorries than bendies, noting only that they can be awkward in
narrow streets. I'll grant that Stoke Newington Church Street is not
great for bendies, but it's not great for any large vehicle. In my
street in N1 two double deckers cannot pass each other for most the
road. There is a sensible debate to be had for calming/limiting traffic
in all narrow residential roads.

E.