Old July 29th 09, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rearends round our corners for the final time.

On 29 July, 20:03, Tom Anderson wrote:
How is this double-decker-specific?

"In September 2008, a tram and a bus collided at a complex road
junction (see
Figure 1). The tram was derailed by its front bogie and the bus
suffered extensive
structural damage to its front offside corner and driver’s
compartment. A member
of the public travelling at the front of the upper deck of the bus was
thrown out of
a side window and received fatal injuries."

http://www.raib.gov.uk/cms_resources...v2_01-2009.pdf

I don't think it's unreasonable to think the height of the fall may
have been a factor in the person's death.