Old July 30th 09, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default KPMG Bus Service Review is out

eastender wrote:
In article ,
Tom Barry wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ent-Bus-Review
-July09.pdf

I see that Copenhagen uses these performance indicators for bus
contracts:

€ Driver service and behaviour;
€ DriverΉs driving style;
€ Compliance with scheduled timetable;
€ Temperature;
€ Interior cleanliness;
€ Interior maintenance;
€ Exterior cleanliness and maintenance;
€ Noise limitations; and
€ Vehicle hours operated against schedule

Oh but we had the same applied rigorously here.

Did you read the definition of London's QIC 1 and QIC 2 contracts in the
report, by the way? They would appear to include waiting time,
reliability (1) with things like driving style and behaviour and bus
cleanliness (2) just coming into operation now as TfL think reliability
is difficult to improve much further. Also that the bus companies think
buses are over-specified for London and are really unhappy about being
forced to buy hybrids and Boris's New Bus For London. TfL don't want to
buy them either...

Tom