Old July 30th 09, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Station early closure

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 08:10:47AM -0700, Martin Deutsch wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:18=A0pm, David Walters wrote:
I'm going to be travelling back from Balham late tonight when the
Northern Line station will be shut (for refurbishment?). If I get the
bus to Clapham South will I be able to claim back the bus fare that
will be charged to my Oyster?

Yes and no. I emailed the Oyster helpline about this a few months back
when Wood Green station was closed, and I took a bus from Turnpike
Lane. The reply was that they're unable to process refunds if the
closure "was planned, and advertised, prior to its commencement", but
were happy to give me my quid back anyway.

The closure at Balham is planned and advertised, but also advertised are
a list of busses to use instead. Certainly I would assume, seeing those
adverts, that I wouldn't have to buy another ticket.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
-- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing at
http://www.arabnews.com/?article=38558