Old July 30th 09, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default KPMG Bus Service Review is out

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:59:12 +0100, Tom Barry
wrote:
Did you read the definition of London's QIC 1 and QIC 2 contracts in the
report, by the way? They would appear to include waiting time,
reliability (1) with things like driving style and behaviour and bus
cleanliness (2) just coming into operation now as TfL think reliability
is difficult to improve much further.

I think that's a good idea, but I don't think we'll get much better
driver "behaviour" until the passengers improve!

Also that the bus companies think
buses are over-specified for London and are really unhappy about being
forced to buy hybrids and Boris's New Bus For London. TfL don't want to
buy them either...

London's new buses are certainly at least acceptable, but where is
this extra quality the operators are complaining about? Some form of
cooling upstairs, and centre doors at least, both mentioned in the
report, would seem to be essential. Maybe leasing the buses off TfL
would give more consistency and remove this problem?

Richard.