Old July 30th 09, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Class 378 in service

In article ,
(Richard) wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:49:18 -0500,

wrote:

In article ,
(Gavin Hamilton) wrote:

Was impressed by the quick door release on the 365 at Kings Cross -
unlike the usual long wait on a London Midland 321 or 350.

Or on a SWT Desiro.

One of the 365's best features. You can hold the Open button pressed
as the train rolls to a stand and it will open almost instantly after
it stops and in any case when the doors are released.

(SWT's) Desiros *do* work that way, although it is often quite a long
time before the doors are released, some guards preferring to open
their own door and have a look up and down the platform first. Perhaps
doing all this from one of the cabs would be better (can they use an
intermediate cab?)

If you say so. Can't say I'd managed that. I'll try again some time.

Even better, Swiss-style, accept a push of the button any time as the
train is coming to a stop and open the doors "automatically" upon
arrival...

Ooh! Yes please!

--
Colin Rosenstiel