Old July 31st 09, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rearends round our corners for the final time.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, Mr Thant wrote:

On 29 July, 20:03, Tom Anderson wrote:
How is this double-decker-specific?

"In September 2008, a tram and a bus collided at a complex road junction
(see Figure 1). The tram was derailed by its front bogie and the bus
suffered extensive structural damage to its front offside corner and
driver?s compartment. A member of the public travelling at the front of
the upper deck of the bus was thrown out of a side window and received
fatal injuries."

http://www.raib.gov.uk/cms_resources...v2_01-2009.pdf

I don't think it's unreasonable to think the height of the fall may have
been a factor in the person's death.

Quite true - i'd been focused on the the fact that the accident happened,
which i think would have ben neither more nor less likely if it had been a
bendy, and had missed the details of how the chap died.

Must have been a hell of an impact to throw someone *through* a bus
window. Ouch.

tom

--
now you're under control and now you do what we told you