Old July 31st 09, 03:25 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default More sweaty armpits on the new Overground stock

On Jul 31, 4:12*pm, 1506 wrote:
On Jul 29, 12:58*pm, Paul Corfield wrote: On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:39:32 -0700 (PDT), 1506

wrote:
I have never seen the inside of these trains. *I cannot understand why
they are not fitted with straps and a hanging rail after the manner of
tube trains.

They are - http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/3769795952/

If they would fit the loading guage, these trains would seem ideal for
District and Circle Lines.

....and indeed, the same factory is in the process of building
something pretty similar for District and Circle lines.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org