Old August 1st 09, 08:08 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Plans for old Kings Cross Thameslink station

In message , at
19:08:57 on Sat, 1 Aug 2009, Mortimer remarked:

Isn't that the tunnel which will be the main passageway from the
northern ticket hall to the Piccadilly and Victoria Line platforms.
See the sections near the "5" marks he

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-com...with-lifts.jpg

Do you have a more legible version of that map? It's a bit (!) hard to read.

It's a combination of maps, and I'm afraid that's as good as it gets.

It shows what will e there when the rebuilding is finished (not what was
there before). However, east of the Victoria Line the foot tunnel (not
actually shown) follows the same route to the Thameslink station as it
used to (emerges at the bottom of the escalator up to ground level).

I'd always thought that the tunnel ran further south-west and came out
near position 1 labelled "Kings Cross Mainline (ECML)". But I could be
wrong: it's a while since I used that tunnel because it was not very
well signposted from the KX Thameslink station (or else I kept missing
the signs!) and it was easier (even if slower) to come up to surface
level and cross Pentonville Road.

I don't remember where the foot tunnel went west of the Piccadilly line
- did it carry on as far as the Northern Line platforms, or not carry on
at all?

The section between the Victoria and Piccadilly has been given a
diversion round something, in recent years.