Old August 2nd 09, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:38:25 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

Of course. A vote for a party that can never hope to form a
government is of course "a wasted vote".

See, when I rule the world the rules will be as follows: single
transferrable vote, and nobody elected who polls less than 50% of the
eligible electorate after transfers.

And of course if they introduce that, most MPs would be out of a job.
And the best thing for them.

I'll wait until they have picked themselves up off the floor before
outlining the rest of it: anyone with a degree in politics or similar
is disqualified, minimum age for candidacy is 40, 2 term limit in any
cabinet position and you must have worked for at least five of the
previous ten years in a job not immediately connected with politics.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk