Old August 2nd 09, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:03:05 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:38:25 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

Of course. A vote for a party that can never hope to form a
government is of course "a wasted vote".

See, when I rule the world the rules will be as follows: single
transferrable vote, and nobody elected who polls less than 50% of the
eligible electorate after transfers.

The 50% requirement means you are talking about the Alternative Vote
system which is being actively considered by "New" Labour.

The problem with it is that, on a national basis, it would produce
results that are even further removed from true proportional
representation than the current system.