Old August 3rd 09, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round

In article ,
(Tim Roll-Pickering) wrote:

wrote:

A bit of personal P Hain spitefulness.

I seem to remember Labour trying to introduce it for Scotland as
well but failing, possibly because they were directly and openly
targetting Alex Salmond. They still haven't explained why various
Labour candidates for the London Assembly stood for both
constituency and list (e.g. Nicky Gavron).

I have to say I don;t remember it in Scotland, maybe because the
Welsh legislation was put through Westminster rather than Cardiff.

Wasn't the Scottish election also covered by Westminster
legislation? Certainly the issue came up a bit at PMQs with
Scottish Labour MPs expressing fake moral outrage that it was
possible for this to happen. I suspect the difference may have been
the ability of other parties to make an issue of this in Scotland
compared to Wales.

ISTR that happening too, I have to say. Perhaps it was just ministerial
support that was lacking.

--
Colin Rosenstiel