Old August 4th 09, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

John B wrote in
:

On Aug 1, 4:39*pm, nospam_lonelytraveller_nospam
wrote:
OTOH carrying on with a policy regardless of all the evidence for
it be

ing a
bad idea and with cost cutting going on already in public transport
whi

ch
really didn't need the cost of a new fleet of buses imposed on top
smac

ks
of bloody mindedness at best. It seems Boris isn't a big enough man

admit
when he's wrong, so I suppose in that sense he's not at all rare in
pol

itical
circles.

It seems Boris is a big enough man to carry out one of the major
headline grabbing manifesto commitments that got him elected by the
majority of the voting electorate. If you don't like that, remember
you're in the minority.

Presumably you were also well in favour of the[*] US state
legislature that passed a law deeming the value of pi to be 4?

Was that a manifesto pledge?