Old August 4th 09, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

In article
,
() wrote:

On Aug 4, 8:31_pm, wrote:
In article , () wrote:
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 06:27:10 -0500
wrote:

In article , ()
wrote:

On 4 Aug 2009 08:04:55 GMT
James Farrar wrote:

Your post contradicts the subject line.

Care to explain?

Oh dear!

So the things I posted - the blocked dot matrix indicator and the
driver not bothering to wait - were indicative of high intellect on
the part of the staff then?

Hmm , interesting.

It's the way you tell 'em!

Admittedly, I am often the first to point out the grammatical mistakes
of others, but this should not be allowed to obscure the valid point
being made by Boltar about L.U.L. and its staff. Any organisation
that has room in its ranks for the likes of Bob Crowe is fatally flawed.

But, more to the point, about bloody-minded staff: a few weeks ago, a
particularly bolshie specimen was in charge of a Westbound, late-night
District Line train. All along the route, from Temple to Earl's Court,
the train had been advertised as an Ealing Broadway train.

At Earl's Court, the driver announced "This train is now calling at
all stations to Parson's Green" - as the doors were closing!

He must have got a particularly big hard-on when he saw literally
hundreds of passengers getting out at West Brompton, in a particularly
heavy rain shower.

I'm surprised no-one pulled the emergency alarm at Earl's Court!

--
Colin Rosenstiel