Old August 5th 09, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:24:03 -0500
wrote:
I'm surprised no-one pulled the emergency alarm at Earl's Court!

I did something similar-ish about 3 years ago but on a Thameslink train. Got
on at City Thameslink to go to Farringdon (it was raining and its a 10 min slog
on foot). Doors closed and off we went - to the end of the platform, where
theres another signal for reasons best known to National Rail where we stopped
and the driver announced some problem ahead. Why he couldn't have just stayed
further down the platform with the doors open christ knows. After 20 mins I
actually knocked on the drivers door asking if he could open the doors - no,
he wouldn't not even selectively appearently because we were one friggin set
of doors past the official end of the platform (not the actual end mind you).
So I thought **** you pal, went down the carraige , pulled the emergency door
release and got off. Cue shouting from arsehole in cab. Gave him 2 fingers
and walked out the station. Stupid jobsworth ****. Felt good though

B2003