Old August 5th 09, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:01:06 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:
I'm sorry , is that some kind of joke, RMT members creating wealth? Since
when? Their pay comes from a mix of taxation and money from the public. H=

ow
is that creating any wealth? At least traders and bankers can do deals to
bring in money from abroad into this country by various means.

That's a ridiculous fallacy.

Imagine a private school that makes a profit, because parents are
willing to pay for its excellent educational skills: is that creating
wealth? (clue: yes)

Well it depends on how you define "creating wealth" really doesn't it. If for
you all it means is money going in circles - A pays B , B pays C , C pays A etc
then fine, but for me it means increasing the average money in the economy
based on a measurement against an external source (ie just printing money
won't do it because then the value of your currency drops). And the only
way that can be done is with exports or making money on financial transactions
with foreign parties and the like.

B2003