Old August 5th 09, 08:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Midland Pullman

"iMark" wrote in message
news:1j3zyrp.16izwgqqjithdN%grinnikt.meestal@INVAL IDxs4all.nl
Recliner wrote:

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:13:45 -0700 (PDT), MaxB
wrote:

Does anyone know why there is (at least) one old Blue Pullman in
Barking carriage shed? Spotted it today as I was passing.

Really? I thought they were all scrapped.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_251

So it must be one of the FM Rail Mk 2 Blue Pullman carriages. I think
about five of them ended up with Stobart Rail after it merged with
Victa Westlink, but I don't know if they kept them (Cotswold bought
the others). Stobart certainly didn't use them, preferring to use
DRS's Mk 3 set during the brief period that it operated the Stobart
Pullman service.

Are those the carriages that used to run in the Boat Train from
Harwich to Liverpool Street? I remember them as being used as
restaurant cars. (Akward inward opening doors IIRC)

The FM Rail Blue Pullman was only created in 2005, out of redundant
Virgin Mk 2 carriages, retired when the Voyagers came in. It was just a
repaint job of standard Mk2 FO carriages.
See http://paulbigland.fotopic.net/c760855.html