Old August 5th 09, 08:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Midland Pullman

"iMark" wrote

Are those the carriages that used to run in the Boat Train from Harwich
to Liverpool Street? I remember them as being used as restaurant cars.
(Akward inward opening doors IIRC)

No - those were the 1960 MetCamm Pullmans originally used on the Eastern
Region Pullmans. I remember lunch on the Yorkshire Pullman, and last
travelled on one, steam hauled (and steam banked) from Folkestone Harbour to
Folkestone Junction and back. All Pullmans (unlike modern imitations) had
inward opening doors, but passengers were not supposed to have to bother
with them - the attendants were supposed to open and close them for you.

Peter