Old August 5th 09, 09:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Midland Pullman

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 22:37:25 +0200,
(iMark) wrote:
Recliner wrote:

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:13:45 -0700 (PDT), MaxB
wrote:

Does anyone know why there is (at least) one old Blue Pullman in
Barking carriage shed? Spotted it today as I was passing.

Really? I thought they were all scrapped.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_251

So it must be one of the FM Rail Mk 2 Blue Pullman carriages. I think
about five of them ended up with Stobart Rail after it merged with Victa
Westlink, but I don't know if they kept them (Cotswold bought the
others). Stobart certainly didn't use them, preferring to use DRS's Mk 3
set during the brief period that it operated the Stobart Pullman
service.

Are those the carriages that used to run in the Boat Train from Harwich
to Liverpool Street?

No, they aren't. The origins of the blue/grey "Pullmans" under
discussion have already been adequately and comprehensively set out in