Old August 6th 09, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

On 6 Aug, 11:06, Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 00:22:31 -0700 (PDT), MIG

wrote:

I've never been interested in making such judgements

Yet you have made several judgments about bankers,
or rather several grave *mis*judgments.

This bit of discussion relates to Boltar's objection to one lot of
people selfishly looking after their own interests through unions,
while ignoring the fact that the whole establishment is geared up to
supporting another lot of people's selfish interests.

I inferred that his objection must be based on who the people are,
rather than objecting to the supporting of selfish interests in
general.

I don't share the view that the same behaviour should be OK for some
but not others based on who they are, as opposed to the job/role that
they have.

That being the case, it's of no particular interest to me to make the
distinction between which type of person should and who shouldn't be
supported in their selfish interests. That is the judgement that I am
not interested in making.

I am intersted in the job/role that they have. I think that operating
the railways is important, and therefore the interests of those doing
it have some relative weighting in my mind.

It's creating fake wealth through bloating house prices by being
prepared to lend money that can never be paid back that is parasitic
in my view. I don't give as much importance to the interests of the
people who have that role. Nevertheless, the establishment does, so
they are probably going to do all right.

That's my opinion, and I hope that I've explained it better now. You
may disagree