Old August 6th 09, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wandsworth Town station gateline

In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 04:02:30PM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

On LUL we plan to make sure that the gates are not an evacuation route
pinch point and also that there are sufficient gates for the highest
peak 5 minute combined flow rate. This should mean there is very
little queuing at a gateline although I recognise some locations fare
better than others in this respect.

Quite. I can't remember the last time I was seriously delayed
*leaving* a tube station. And yet it happens just about every time
I have to go through barriers at Victoria.

How many tube stations have the full trainloads through barriers
experience of London Terminal stations, though?

Not that Wandsworth Town comes anywhere near their either.

--
Colin Rosenstiel