Old August 6th 09, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Wandsworth Town station gateline

On 6 Aug, 21:53, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote

person has to wait more than a maximum of five minutes to pass

through
the ATGs. This figure has been applied to all ATG schemes installed

on
national rail network to date, although station operators should aim
achieve a waiting time of no more than three minutes.

This means queues on stairs or else on platforms which may be
problematic if another train turns up before the previous load have
exited the station. Add in the fact that some NR trains can be

Very few NR stations have that frequent a service, certainly Wandsworth
Town doesn't (six minutes minimum).

What the busiest NR in that sense ?

What is queuing to leave like at Kempton Park ?

Wimbledon has 18 an hour serviced by one platform/ two faces.

The worst situations tend to be at ungated stations when they have
grippers/police in.

On one occasion in about 1998/9, I complained by phone about the
dangerous situation created by about twenty grippers at Cannon Street,
before barriers/gates were installed.

I was in the front coach of the second arrival at the same island
platform, and it still took me five minutes to get past the idiot
grippers. I was genuinely scared about what was building up behind me.