Old August 7th 09, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David A Stocks[_2_] David A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Wandsworth Town station gateline

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Quite. I can't remember the last time I was seriously delayed
*leaving* a tube station. And yet it happens just about every time
I have to go through barriers at Victoria.

I think the fact that £700m is to be spent expanding capacity at
Victoria is indicative that the place is seriously below capacity hence
the queuing time.

I thought David was commenting on how long it took to get through the *NR*
barriers at Victoria.

Nonetheless I suspect the 5 minute delay parameter might apply for NR
terminal stations.

The only NR barrier line I use regularly is the one serving platforms 15-19
at Victoria, and this is the only one I've encountered that seems to have
acceptable capacity in the morning peak. It only fails on the rare
occassions that two full trains arrive simultaneously - they usually open
all the gates and shout at people to walk through.

D A Stocks