Old August 9th 09, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
dfarrier dfarrier is offline

Default Routemaster registrations

On Aug 9, 2:11*pm, Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 05:19:19 -0700 (PDT), dfarrier

wrote:

Nice constructive arguement, Bruce.
I'll rephrase my original statement:
The problem is that the centre lane on the motorway is "blocked" by
lorries limited to 56mph *and modern coaches limited to 62mph.

I note you corrected your error using
the information I supplied in my reply.

Then go to the top of the class.

It still stands that in daylight hours it is not possible to drive a
coach that can legally do 70mph because of its age at 70mph for
economic reasons that would justify a £100,000 rebody to gain an
advantage over new coaches when the middle lane is blocked by legally
slower trucks and coaches.
I can't make it any simpler.

You could have chosen to read my original statement as:

....blocked by lorries.... (deep breath) ....and coaches that are
limited to 62mph...

but you chose to come in with all guns blazing.

If it is car drivers holding up the middle lane at 56mph, then what
speed are the lorry drivers trying to do?

Why do you get a lorry in lane 1 doing 55.9 mph and one in lane 2
doing 56.0 mph and taking 4 miles to overtake? I've seen it on the M62
many times.