Old December 24th 03, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Metropolian Line question

In article ,
(Cast_Iron) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,

(Jock Mackirdy) wrote:

In article , Bill Hayles wrote:

With the advent of the A60 and A62 stock, scrapping started in
either 1961 or 1962 (I'm not sure). The last Uxbridge service was
on 15th March 1963, and the last of all on the East London line on
7th September 1963.

My ride on the East London line must have been only a few weeks
before the end of the service.

It's a shame none were preserved. They were unique, quite
*[un]*like anything before or since.

I'll second that. At that time my normal mode of travel was
wooden-bodied Q-converted District stock, and I also sampled early
standard tube stock somewhere (with centre door posts). That must
have been on the GNCR.

District Q stock was steel bodied.

Which Q stock are you referring to, there was more than one?

In this respect all of it, from Q23 (G) to Q38 (Q).

--
Colin Rosenstiel