Old August 11th 09, 03:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

Lucas wrote:

The 29 is awfully busy along the whole route I feel, even after Manor
House it stays incredibly busy; and gets busier even because of the
big gap between Manor House and Turnpike Lane tube stations that is
Harringay.
The problem is simply Green Lanes itself which is ridiculously
congested and always the slowest part of the route, but I can't think
of much of an alternative, given that the only parallel road is also
quite busy (Wightman Rd)

Introduce a new bus from Piccadilly Circus via Portland Place, Hampstead
Road, Junction Road and Tottenham Lane to Wood Green, extended at night to
Enfield. It should be quicker than the 29 day and night, so it will get most
of the long distance traffic. Cut the frequency of the 29, and terminate it
at Wood Green day and night. No-one going from Wood Green to Camden will
ever have to suffer Green Lanes again.