Old August 11th 09, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:21:30 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:38:45 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:

As mentioned upthread, for reasons of tight space and twisty track, I
think it highly unlikely that any LU tube stock will have
walk-through inter-car connections. After all, just think how
narrow and low the doorways would have to be!

Doesn't seem to be a problem for people in bendy buses when they go
around corners.

But bendies are wider, higher and much squarer than tube stock, so the

I dunno , I reckon the height would be pretty close if you measure from
rail level. And I suspect the width is pretty much the same.

don't move much relative to each other, unlike non-articulated
carriages -- just look how much the adjacent carriage moves up and down
when a tube train is bouncing along.

Yes, there is that.

B2003