Old August 11th 09, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Walk-through trains

"MIG" wrote in message

On 11 Aug, 16:18, "Recliner" wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

On 11 Aug, 15:38, "Recliner" wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1967 stock was in a better condition
than 1972 stock anyway, not having been subjected to the bends,
bounce and manual driving of the bakerloo.

I wonder if some will cascaded, or maybe it doesn't have the full
manual driving equipment?

Well, aren't many of the Victoria line inner cabs from 1972 stock
anyway? And I think the trailers are the same anyway. So, if they
needed more stock for the Bakerloo line, they could do a sort of
reverse cascase. I'm not sure the trains could be used on the Picc,
though.

Yes, I think some 1972 Mark 1 coaches from the Northern are on the
Victoria.

The 1973 stock is different, with longer coaches (and less of them),
so there probably isn't much scope for a cascade there.

It might be possible to run complete 7-car 1972 stock on the Picc,
though I'm not sure that there's a shortage of 1973 stock.