Old August 11th 09, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Walk-through trains

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message

In message , Recliner
writes

I assume Tube Lines will also put the Piccadilly replacement stock
out to tender, but not just yet -- perhaps the 1972 and 1973
replacements will be a single new stock, much as the S stock
replaces the A, C and D stocks. Conceivably, Bombardier could win
both those contracts as well, but Alston, for one, is likely to be
keen to bid.

The replacement for 73 stock is already out for tender. Last I heard,
there are 3 contenders - Alstom, Bombardier and one other (who's name
escapes me). My money is on an updated, and hopefully much improved,
95 stock as that would allow Tubelines to standardise their
stockholdings for spares and the like over their three lines.

Ah, I was under the impression that this project had been deferred,
thanks to the squeeze on TfL's budget.