Old December 24th 03, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Congestion Charging in Kensington

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Cast_Iron
writes

Nick H (UK) wrote:

A few years ago *nobody* jumped red lights, save a few
crazy youngsters. Now it is common practice. Ken's
traffic management policies have
made London more dangerous.

You must be living in a different London from the one I grew up and

learned
to drive in. No one stopped when the lights went red,

No one! Surely you don't mean that?

there was always a couple of chancers and certainly no waited on the
line for the light to go green, Amber was always the signal to go.

Again, I think you exaggerate.

Only marginally perhaps, but no more so than most people when describing a
particular aspect of human behaviour.

I've been driving in London for 46 years
and that has not been my experience. But I'm not convinced that
observance of traffic lights has become significantly worse in the last
few years - there are always a few fools who take a risk, and sometimes
they end up paying for it.

It was about any recent changes in behaviour that I was referring to rather
than in any absolute terms.