Old August 12th 09, 05:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default PAYG on FCC north of Finsbury Park

John B wrote:

[Oyster validator at Ally Pally]

Why it's been switched on already is a harder ask (my top 3 options
are mistake, testing, and FCC having come to an agreement earlier than
the south-of-river TOCs which they'll announce shortly).

I would guess it's more a case of Cubic not wanting to have to send
Engineers out to do a mass switch on when PAYG is finally accepted, as
the validators at Palmers Green, Edmonton Green and Silver Street are
all turned on as well (though generally still covered).

As for why it's uncovered, I'd be inclined to suggest that that's down
to the local scrotes arsing about.

Cheers,

Barry