Old August 12th 09, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:
True, or at least "true so 'tis claimed". I imagine that squishing a
2009-stock to fit the Bakerloo loading gauge and adjusting the
equipment used to produce the 2009 stock to produce the squished stock
would be significantly easier than designing a Tube gauge train and
setting up a production line from scratch, though.

If apparently the 09 stock did get dragged through the piccadilly line
tunnels without incident then we can't be talking much difference between
09 and other tube stocks can we? Maybe a few centimeters one way or the
other at most which surely wouldn't make much difference to equipment?

Its not like a train builder having to squash a UIC loading gauge train
by 6 inches width and a foot in height to fit the UKs hopeless mainline loading
gauge.

B2003