Old August 12th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Walk-through trains

Bruce gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Leaving aside the C1 ev'ie - which is a low-volume modification of a
mass produced car - you seem to have forgotten about the various
electric PSA products of the '90s - Saxos, 106s, Berlingos etc. All
"mass-produced" in reasonable volume (I've not seen any production
figures, but I'd suspect into four figures) alongside the internal
combustion versions. La Rochelle wasn't their only reason for production
- they were standard production models, on UK price lists, especially
the Berlingo.

No, they were all low volume hand made adaptations (and pretty crude
ones at that) of petrol or diesel cars or vans.

No, they weren't.

There won't be a petrol or diesel version of the Leaf; it was designed
from the outset as an electric car.

The Berlingo, for one, was designed from the outset to be powered by
internal combustion or electricity.