Old August 12th 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Walk-through trains

wrote

I don't know about reliability but there does seem to be a trend of

every
new electric train in this country using more power than its

predecessor.
In the case of the 377s significantly more. This is in stark contrast

cars which despite getting heavier year on year are still using less

fuel
with each generation. Whatever the train builders are concentrating

on in
their designs, energy efficiency doesn't seem to be it.

Note that train energy figures include Air Conditioning, the standard
car figures exclude it. I understand that bus and coach fuel usage is
increasing too.

--
Mike D