Old August 12th 09, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Walk-through trains

In article , () wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:10:08 +0100
Bruce wrote:
Not only will electric cars save CO2, but there will be a massive
reduction in other pollutants, notable particulates and oxides of
nitrogen. Many UK cities are already in breach of current legal
limits on those pollutants, and the limits are about to be tightened
further.

Hmm, now I wonder why that is. Could it be the popularity of diesel
engines in cars which were the ecomentalists engine of choice only a
few years ago?

What was it they all chanted? We shouldn't use nasty petrol engines
which give off tiny amounts of particulates and virtually no gases
other than CO2 and water vapour from their catalysed exhaust, no ,
lets use something which belches out buckets of filth even with
filters but outputs ever so slightly less CO2 per km. *sigh*

I see you have completely ignored oxides of Nitrogen, the main pollutant
exceedance problem, certainly where I am (central Cambridge). That it is a
NOx rather than a particulates problem is despite the preponderance of
diesels (mainly buses) in the pollution generation compared to the general
case.

--
Colin Rosenstiel