Old August 13th 09, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Walk-through trains

In article ,
(Bruce) wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:23:18 +0100, "Colin McKenzie"
wrote:

A recent report says that it is worth spending up to £10,000 to turn
just one person into a regular cyclist.

A report written by cycling enthusiasts, no doubt.

I think it would be well worth giving cyclists an interest free loan
of £10,000 to help them to buy a car.

Only if they are never in a hurry travelling in London. I cycle there
quite a bit these days. Cycling is faster than public transport or a car
for my regular journeys (King's Cross to and from Westminster and
Westminster to and from East Putney). The other advantage over the tube
from East Putney in the morning is that I get a seat. :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel