Old August 13th 09, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:09:33 -0500
wrote:
I see you have completely ignored oxides of Nitrogen, the main pollutant
exceedance problem, certainly where I am (central Cambridge). That it is a
NOx rather than a particulates problem is despite the preponderance of
diesels (mainly buses) in the pollution generation compared to the general
case.

Modern petrol engines hardly give off any NOx and haven't done so for years.
The only time they do is a very short period at startup while the catalyst
warms up. Have you ever seen the **** that comes out of a cold diesel engine?

B2003