Old August 13th 09, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On 13 Aug, 09:51, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:40:33 +0100

Paul Corfield wrote:

If apparently the 09 stock did get dragged through the piccadilly line
tunnels without incident then we can't be talking much difference between
09 and other tube stocks can we? Maybe a few centimeters one way or the
other at most which surely wouldn't make much difference to equipment?

Did it arrive that way? *I thought it was delivered by road rather than
rail and then across the tube network. *I'd genuinely like to know the
answer to this so if anyone can point me at the facts it'd be good.

Thats what people on here were saying. I've no idea if its true. But it
occured to me that the victoria line uses an old piccadilly line tunnel on
the northbound at finsbury park and I very much doubt they would have
bothered to spend a fortune to enlarge it by a few inches so as 09 stock
has to fit through it must be pretty close to standard tube gauge.

B2003

Isn't it more to do with the bends rather than the diameter?