Old December 24th 03, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Another Oyster Prepay Thread - How Do You Buy It?

Kat wrote:
In message ,
Tom Anderson writes
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Paul wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:58:09 +0000, Kat
wrote:

oyster.

the equivalent Octopus system in Hong Kong

Are all such systems named after molluscs?

The octopus is known for its intelligence which is probably why our
system has been named after the oyster which isn't known for its
intelligence but can give you a nasty of vomiting instead....

Now there's a suitable image for Christmas! Merry Christmas, Kat!

In defence of the oyster, I must point out that it's the incompetents who
mishandle them who give you the nasties. As this is the season of peace
and goodwill, I'll leave the reader to consider the relevance of this to
TfL/LU and/or their passengers.
:-)

I have banned oysters for life in the UK after being poisoned twice by very
expensive London restaurants, but have had no problems in France or
Australia. Perhaps I shold relent when I get my Oyster Freedom Pass next
year; after all, my previous UK experience was 30 years ago.

--
Richard J.