Old August 13th 09, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:36:02 +0800
"DW downunder" noname wrote:
AIUI, the '09 units on test were road delivered. They are out of gauge for
other tube lines (we're talking maybe 20-25mm) with the appropriate

Makes you wonder why they bothered. An extra centimeter of space either side
of the carraige (assuming its not taken up by fittings) which will make
almost zero noticable difference to passenger comfort, against being able
to haul or even use the trains anywhere on the network in the future.

"main line" loading gauge. The line of the Victoria route means that little
if any old Piccadilly running tunnel remains in use as such. As the Vic has

Quite a lot remains in use from what I've seen. When you're going north
towards finsbury on the victoria watch out for the tunnel lining to change
from concrete to iron and get slightly narrower in the process. There must
be a good few hundred metres of the old piccadilly line tunnel still in
use.

just been going through a rebuild from the track up, any minor structure
gauge anolomies would have been dealt with.

You can lower the track but its a bit more difficult to widen the tunnel or
straighten it out.

B2003